` Ghana: I will turn Stonebwoy into a ‘monster’ - Gramps Morgan

Ghana: I will turn Stonebwoy into a ‘monster’ - Gramps Morgan

Also Read


Gramps Morgan, a member of the Jamaican international reggae band Morgan Heritage, has hinted that he would love to sign Ghanaian award winning dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy. He told Andy Dosty on Music Box on Hitz 103.9FM that their record label, Cool To Be Conscious Music Group would be glad to sign Stonebwoy and would turn him into a ‘monster’. “You guys should tell him that I would love to sign him and turn him into a monster.

I am telling you I will make him a strong force to reckon with when signed,” he said gladly. Gramps revealed that he started developing an interest in Stonebwoy when he saw him perform at a homecoming music concert at Rockstone’s Office when he visited Ghana for the first time last year. “Stonebwoy was one of the artistes who were billed to perform that night and as I was waiting for my turn to perform. Stonebwoy performed marvelously well. I watched him sing and I remember I told myself that this boy has the energy and the sound that I think needs to be developed,” he explained.


He further explained that this motivated him to invite him to be part of their ‘Strictly Root’ Europe tour. “I saw that as a perfect opportunity to impart into him the experience I have gained in the music industry. Stonebwoy performing with us came as a shock to people but if we don’t support each other who would?” he asked.

The ‘Wash The Tears’ hitmaker described Stonebwoy as a humble young man who is willing to learn. He also dismissed all allegations that Stonebwoy paid Morgan Heritage to perform with them on their tour and urged told spreading that falsehood to stop. Gramps explained that Stonebwoy is a brother to him and he does not see why he should take money from him before he gives him an opportunity. He added that he sometimes sell some tickets for Stonebwoy whenever he [Stonebwoy] organises shows in the USA.