I’m broke and ‘deep in debt’ – DJ Sbu

Also Read


DJ Sbu, real name Sibusiso Leope, took to Instagram to announce that he is broke and in debt. The Friends Like These presenter said he’s broke like he has never been in a long time. Beside a scenic photo DJ Sbu posted on Instagram from Mozambique, he has assured the public that it is not a holiday photo and that instead he is working himself out of difficult financial times. 


 In the post, the star says he is not poor but broke after his energy drink MoFaya did not go as far as he had hoped it would. “This is not a holiday selfie. 

We at work. I’m not poor. But I’m broke. More broke than I have been in a long time. I’m deep in debt – every last cent,” DJ Sbu wrote. “Drop of blood, sweat and tears. 

Emotions. Energy. Everything has been invested in my start up . [I’ve] been fired, laughed at, called crazy and more. Are you willing to risk it all for your dream?” DJ Sbu has been in the news this year after being struck a series of misfortunes, including his dismissal at Metro FM. Shortly afterwards, he was accused of allegedly operating an unregistered school feeding scheme in which he partnered with the social development department. 

 This also comes after the entertainer told the City Press in 2014 that he’s “worth R1bn”.